Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Holy S**t, Look at What the Census Website Can Do!

This is a map based on data about how many people aged 16 and up take public transit to work by congressional district (110th Congress) from the 2006-2008 American Community Survey. As you can see from the legend at the left, the darker areas have higher transit ridership. This map was generated automatically under the "Geographic Comparison Tables" link.

If you haven't seen the Census Bureau's website, I highly recommend it. It's fascinating.

1 comment:

  1. I know this system, this is quite cool and we can easily recognize what statistical change happen in LA. However the image is not sharp so that I missunderstand this is a kind of regacy system. As I accustom to google map or other web mapping service, I hope cencus bureau will upgrade this system.

    ReplyDelete