Monday, April 5, 2010

The walking distance poll / El sondeo de distancia de caminar

Well, another poll has come and gone.

Question/Pregunta:
What is a reansonable daily walking distance for a healthy adult? / ¿Que es una distancia razonable de caminar diario para un adulto saludbale?


Choices/Opciones:
0.5 kilometer/kilómetro (0.3 mile/milla) or less / o menos
1.0 kilometer/kilómetro (0.6 mile/milla)
1.5 kilometers/kilómetros (0.9 mile/milla)
2.0 kilometers/kilómetros (1.2 miles/milla) or more / o más

There were seven votes (if this were a country you'd be really powerful :). Four people thought 2 km or more was reasonable. One person thought about 1.5km and two people thought 1km.

While there are no "right" or "wrong" answers, I chose what I chose because it reflects how I live my life. My trip to school on a bus involves about 4km of walking round trip and I also tend to take walks for other errands or just because I'm feeling antsy. I really like to walk, and it's one of my main forms of exercise.

Thanks for voting and heads up on the next one!

-----

Hubo siete votos (si esto fuera un país serías muy poderoso :). Cuatro personas pensaron 2km o más. Una persona pensó 1.5km y dos personas pensaron 1km.

Mientras no hay respuestas "correctas" o "incorrectas", escogí lo que escogí porque así vivo mi vida. Mi viaje a la escuela incluye más o menos 4km de caminar ida y vuelta y también camino por otras cositas y para ejercicio. Me gusta hacerlo.

¡Gracias por votar y busca el próximo!

No comments:

Post a Comment