Sunday, October 10, 2010

CicLAvia = Awesome

I just got back from CicLAvia and I have to say it was really cool. There were so many people out. I got there with my bike on transit and rode the course end to end. It's an amazing thing to see major streets in central LA completely free of cars and taken over by cyclists of all descriptions. The event felt really inclusive, really family friendly. People were watching from porches and balconies. I don't know what else to say except I hope we keep seeing events like this. Maybe it'll inspire a few more people to tackle urban cycling on a regular basis. But for that to happen, we'll also have to get serious about improving our bike infrastructure and doing traffic calming.

I have pictures:

At MacArthur Park

At MacArthur Park

At the "Bicycle District"

No comments:

Post a Comment