Monday, November 14, 2011

Allow Me to Introduce Myself

My real name is David James Barboza.
I live in Long Beach, CA.
I graduated from USC with a Master of Planning Degree in 2010.
I work for the City of Lakewood doing GIS and I appreciate and respect my job and my co-workers.
The opinions expressed here always have been my own, not those of any present or past job.
I make it a point not to write at all about my present employer.
My heart is beating faster than it has beat in a long time.
I don't think I need to hide anymore.
Either people can accept me for who I am and what I really think, or they can't. 
I'm retiring the Chewie blogging name and going back to my original blogging name, my initials: DJB.

People should drive less and walk, bike, and ride transit more.

I haven't always been perfect at this, but I'm trying.

We should build denser, mixed-use walkable neighborhoods with affordable housing, to fight global warming, save habitat, and promote public health, among other reasons.

That's why I went to planning school. That's why I started blogging. That's what's important to me, professionally speaking.

I think this is what if feels like to come out of the closet :)

2 comments:

  1. Nice to meet you, David. Fighting for a better world ought to be something that people can do under their own names, and the fact that you found it wasn't says something about the utter domination of car culture in our society.

    Welcome into the light, and congrats on your decision.

    ReplyDelete